Anneli & Fredrik
June 10, 2006
The wedding ceremony will take place at Helgesta Church at 3:30 pm.
Helgesta Chuch is situated by the lake Båven. The original part of the church was built in the 12th century. In the vestibule, there is a small window that dates back to that time. Instead of the clock tower being built on top of the building, the church has always had a separate clock tower (probably even back in the early medieval ages). In the beginning of the 1950's, the church underwent an internal renovation and the vestry was extended. The oldest inventory of the church is the baptismal font which dates back to the 12th century. A big oil painting that decorated the altar between 1886 and 1902 is hanging on the southern wall inside the church. On the opposite wall you will find the altar decoration from the middle ages, it depicts the four evangelists.
One important detail in the history of the church is the fact that this is where the Groom was christened (1972).